WPF Port of SLARToolkit

Apr 16, 2011 at 4:47 PM

Hi, what happened to the WPF Port of SLARToolkit which was deleted from Change Set 44719?

Is it possible to use SLARToolkit in WPF?

Thank you

Apr 18, 2011 at 9:19 AM

I started the port, but didn't find enough time and a reason to make it possible. It will work in WPF, but you need to find a webcam library ( Jeremiah Morill wrote one). You also need to adapt the WriteableBitmap functionality. 

- Rene Schulte

Apr 18, 2011 at 9:26 AM

Thanks for the answer. I downloaded the port, can you briefly tell me, what have you changed / started working at in it? Do you have any advices for adapting WriteableBitmap functionality?

Apr 18, 2011 at 10:16 AM

I would recommend you take the current trunk and start a fresh port from it. The old version doesn't have much ported.

WriteableBitmap works a bit different in WPF (lock unlock, etc).

BTW, you can remove the CapturesourceDetector, since it relies on SL's webcam functionality. 

Why don't you just use Silverlight OOB?

Apr 18, 2011 at 10:28 AM

Thanks for pointing this out. Unfortunately I don't have much experience with OOB functionality in SL. I need WPF port to use SLARToolkit in existing WPF project, which is quite big.

BTW, I will also need the ARToolkit's Multi-Marker Tracking, is this functionality available in SLARToolkit?

Apr 18, 2011 at 12:11 PM

Yes, SLARToolkit supports multiple markers. See the samples and videos where these are used.

Apr 18, 2011 at 1:36 PM

Rene, do you think that using this http://silverlightviewport.codeplex.com/ for SLARToolkit WPF integration is a good idea?

Apr 18, 2011 at 2:15 PM

Might be worth a try. Never used it myself.