Marker Detection Problem

Jul 23, 2011 at 8:57 AM

I find that the marker detection function is rather weak. Yes, it can detect marker but if you try to use different markers, you will notice that all the markers are "detected". This means that whether you use "L" marker or "SLAR" or "Hiro" markers, the object (image, video or 3D) will still follow the marker.

Once "Start Fun" is clicked, even when the marker is removed, the funny thing is sometimes the program will detect the user's eyebrow or something around him/her as the marker... this is also incorrect.

How can one set the camera to have a higher accuracy in detecting marker? or setting certain detection criteria to be more stringent?

Thanks for any advice.

Jul 23, 2011 at 10:46 AM
There's a Confidence property at the Marker class. Just look at the SLARToolkit sample.
BTW, please wait for a response to discussion before you create new issues. Maybe it isn't actually an issue. ;)
Jul 23, 2011 at 3:18 PM

Sorry about messing up the communication process. Yes, I will run through discussions before an issue is submitted.

I'm trying to achieve this... is it possible to have a SLARToolkit application that is about to detect markers for different types of media objects?

What I mean is this: within the same application, say Marker A will cause Image A to be shown, Marker B will cause Video B to be shown and Marker C will show 3D Object C. Is this possible?

It seems to me that only one media object type can be used per SLART application.

Appreciate any advice.

Jul 23, 2011 at 3:57 PM

Totally. Like I wrote, please see the SLARToolkit Silverlight sample. There's also a  video linked on the main project site. Please read the text closely. There are two markers used for the puzzle demo. One marker maps to one puzzle piece. In tye source code you can see how it's done.

You find more details in the thread I linked above.

Mar 26, 2012 at 8:25 PM

I was having the same problems but reading the Discussions in this page helped me to figure it out, so I wrote a tutorial explaining how to work with markers at my blog I hope you found this useful.

Mar 27, 2012 at 8:28 AM

Thanks for this great blog post Claudia. :)

- René Schulte